It does not receive public funding
Editor in chief:

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram LinkedIn

Poland finds partner for new airport

Franco-Australian consortium puts 1.79 billion euros on the table

Poland has selected a Franco-Australian consortium (Vinci Airports and Ifm Global Infrastructure Fund) as an investment partner in the construction project of a large and modern airport. This is Solidarnosc airport, which will be located 37 km from the capital Warsaw, which has the ambition of being an airport hub for Central and Eastern Europe. The deal is worth 1.79 billion euros, in exchange for a minority stake.

The project, called Cpk (Centralny Port Komunikacyjny), or Central Communication Port, is developed under the supervision of the State. The airport is expected to be operational in 2028 and, according to Polish government estimates, will be able to serve 40 million passengers and handle one million tons of cargo in 2035.

"The CPK is not megalomania. It will not only boost the Polish economy, but will also ensure a high rate of return on investments", announced State Secretary at the Ministry of Investment and Regional Affairs, Marcin Horala. The government will guarantee 60% of the airport's financing through bonds or bank loans, while investors will provide the remaining 40% in exchange for a minority stake in the airport management company.

Gic - 1254512

AVIONEWS - World Aeronautical Press Agency