Airplanes-helicopters. Airbus reports 1Q2022 results
Contract for the Tiger MkIII attack helicopter upgrade programme and Eurodrone
Airbus reported consolidated financial results for its First Quarter (Q1) ended 31 March 2022.
- Solid Q1 results in an evolving and complex geopolitical and economic environment
- 142 commercial aircraft delivered in Q1 2022
- A-320 Family: Monthly production rates to increase to 75 in 2025 to meet customer demand
- Revenues € 12.0 billion; EBIT Adjusted € 1.3 billion
- EBIT (reported) € 1.4 billion; EPS (reported) € 1.55
- Free cash flow before M&A and customer financing € 0.2 billion
- Guidance unchanged; more challenging risk profile for the remainder of 2022.
Gross commercial aircraft orders increased to 253 (Q1 2021: 39 aircraft) with net orders of 83 aircraft after cancellations (Q1 2021: -61 aircraft). The order backlog amounted to 7,023 commercial aircraft on 31 March 2022.
Airbus Helicopters booked 56 net orders (Q1 2021: 40 units) and was awarded a contract for the Tiger MkIII attack helicopter upgrade programme.
Airbus Defence and Space’s order intake by value increased to € 3.2 billion (Q1 2021: € 2.0 billion), corresponding to a book-to-bill ratio of around 1.3. Included is the Eurodrone global contract signed in February 2022, covering the development and manufacturing of 20 systems and 5 years of initial in-service support for Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
AVIONEWS - World Aeronautical Press Agency